EDMONTON - With the Canada West Soccer Final Fours set for this weekend, the conference unveiled its major award winners Wednesday.
Trinity Western's Jenaya Robertson and Victoria's Isaac Koch captured the women's and men's Player of the Year awards respectively.
The pair both led the conference in points this season, with Robertson tallying 19, while Koch had 17.
Robertson was prolific in the goal-scoring department, registering 14 markers from the midfield position. That set a new TWU record and is tied for the second most in a single season, two back of Janine Frazao record of 16 set in 2011 with UBC.
The conference's Final Fours are set for Friday (semifinals) and Saturday (medal games) this week, as the MacEwan Griffins host the women's Final Four, while the UBC Thunderbirds host the men's event. All games can be seen live on Canada West TV Presented by Co-op.
For a complete list of the 2019 Canada West soccer award winners please see the list below, and to read more about the winners click the respective headers.
- Player of the Year: Jenaya Robertson, Trinity Western Spartans
- Rookie of the Year: Bryana Buttar, Fraser Valley Cascades
- Coach of the Year: Graham Roxburgh, Trinity Western Spartans
- Student-Athlete Community Service: Avneet Rai, Victoria Vikes
- Fair Play Award: UNBC Timberwolves
- Player of the Year: Isaac Koch, Victoria Vikes
- Rookie of the Year: Dane Domic, Mount Royal Cougars
- Coach of the Year: Ryan Gyaki, Mount Royal Cougars
- Student-Athlete Community Service: Nicholas Reitsma, UBCO Heat
- Fair Play Award: Victoria Vikes