EDMONTON – Saskatchewan Huskies forward Carson Stadnyk is the WHL Graduate of the Month for October.
- Saskatchewan Huskie forward Carson Stadnyk is the WHL Grad of the Month for October
- Stadnyk is tied for the conference scoring lead with 10 points through eight games
- A veteran of more than 300 total WHL games, Stadnyk is one of 138 CW men's hockey players using their WHL Scholarship this semester
The third-year Huskie recorded nine points in six CW regular season games over the month of October, as Saskatchewan went a perfect 6-0-0. The Huskies sit first in the conference standings with a 7-1-0 record heading into this weekend's series against the UBC Thunderbirds.
After posting a combined 22 points in 54 CW regular season games over his first two seasons in Saskatoon, Stadnyk has reached new heights this season, registering 10 points (4G-6A) in eight games. His 10 points have him tied for the CW lead with teammate Kohl Bauml (Everett Silvertips), and Alberta's Riley Kieser (Edmonton Oil Kings).
Stadnyk, an Edwards School of Business student, joined the Huskies for the 2016-17 season after four full seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Everett Silvertips. While in Everett, Stadnyk recorded 169 points in 286 WHL regular season games, to go along with 19 points in 28 WHL playoff games.
Stadnyk is one of 138 WHL grads who are making the most of a WHL Scholarship this semester while playing CW men's hockey.
You can watch Stadnyk and every other WHL grad all season long by tuning into CW regular season and playoff games on Canada West TV.
2017-18 WHL Grads of the Month:
- October: Luke Philp, Alberta
- November: Zak Zborosky, Regina
- December: Garret Hughson, Lethbridge
- January: Matt Hewitt, UBC
- February: Chris Collins, Calgary
- March: Stephane Legault, Alberta